Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Missus

Hi,hi,hi good morning girls! There she would be sitting at the screen door, crying for her breakfast. Wanting to break out past our legs to go and check out whether there was a better plate of food waiting on the floor just feet away. Sometimes, she'd managed to get passed, but mostly she would be distracted and contented to check out her "own" (do I hafta?)bowl to see what was served. There would always be more than enough, more so, that her sister would jump up on the end table and finish off what she was deighn to finish. What a wonderful spirit you are Missus. Your energy filled the room, the house. You were always so brave to explore, venture into unknown territory. You were the first to go through the door separating your room from the porch. There was so much to explore, and explore you did. Jumping up on tables that were too high for you to really get down from, but bravely jump down you did. Our brave little girl. Stubborn, independent, yet wanting a warm lap to cuddle. "She's too fat" Aunty would say. But I tried to explain you were just that "type" of cat, that had that type of body build. You were just right!

Even though we had the privilege of caring for, and loving you all these long months, they were just not enough. And when you came to live with us, we were finally happy that we had made the very best accommodations for you to live, play, and sleep. Much too short my sweet girl.

There are so many "nickle and dime" days in which we enjoyed being with you, taking care of you, finding ways to help you safely explore your world. All those meaningful days and nights seem so dim.Your wonderful light has gone out.

On that last morning when you knew we were coming to open the door for you. Hi, Hi, Hi good morning girls. There you were sitting waiting, not as strong as before, much too weak to try to escape to the kitchen. You simply laid there, with the squeak of a cry only now you could muster. I would watch your sides and think of a bellows with the air going in and out.

I dreamed about what to do for you and was told to wait for the "hand of god". I had no clue what that might mean. I thought on it all day, and then your Daddy came to me and said I want you to send Missus to me. I'll take responsibility for her, don't cry, don't fret I want her So send her to me. I was asked the question about what "handof god" meant. I programmed myself that night and asked for guidance from the universe. Alas, there was no message. I was so frustrated that I had not dreamed. But, strangely I felt so serene and knew that I would do whatever it would take to make you comfortable. I was committed to you. And then you died. I was horrified. Stunned. Heartbroken. What had we done to hasten your passing????? It was time, it was simply time. Your poor organs were just too weak and unable to maintain our being. It was horrible. It was horrible. I don't want to go thru that again. When a another next time comes, I will try my best. But first I remember you Missus.
August 16, 2010. Your brother left us on February 15, 2010. So much heart, so much to love. I love you both even now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home