Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Organized To Do List by categories

I exported my To Do List and inserted categories. In the process, I learned how to make drop down lists in Excel. Actually, the drop down list process was pretty intuitive. I guess I just started out knowing that it should be able to be done in Excel. I had about 20 categories and 114 To Do's.

So, now I have a hard copy 4 page list of my game plan for the next 6 months. I have already finished 12 of the 114 tasks. Nofor t too bad a major league procrastinator! As I think of other projects, I shall start a 2nd To Do list, maybe I'll call it Future To Do's. That way, I will not forget the new ones, but I won't go into overwhelm either.

However, if something comes up that is a ticking time bomb, I shall try to finish it without worrying about any list. The two big categories that I have are MRS Has To Do and Computers. Bummer! Oh well, I'll get to practice staying on target.

There are only 102 items left on the list. If I did one To Do a day, I will be done
by 3/11/2006! Of course that is not possible...there is a 20 day trip in January and 14 Sundays. That takes me to 4/14/2006. Hmm, I don't think I will be working on To Do's when my 1040 will be due.

Say, maybe my 6 month estimate is a pretty solid time frame. Some projects probably cannot be done in that time frame. I want the kitchen renovated and a new exercise room added to the house. With the construction boom here, I don't think I can get the work done within 6 months. Especially since I am not really willing to pay top dollar.

I had added two To Do's that I thought were a good idea.

One To Do was to read a book on how to take notes because I never really learned to take notes (I just listened intently). Now that I am moving more toward writing, I can see that I am going to have to sharpen my research skills (necessitating better note taking skills). I would hate to do a lot of research and have my memory fail me again. Today, in the library, I was scanning the kids section for an I Spy book (to help with my visual acuity) and there on the shelf was a 98 page booklet, Note Taking Made Easy. Now that is life supporting me!

The second To Do was to read a book on writing screen plays. I want to see what it takes to write a screen play. Anyway, I was reading The Everything Creative Writing Book and there was a chapter on writing screenplays!

I was going to call these happenings some sort of synchronicity because I feel supported in my push into the writing arena. However, I looked up the word synchronicity and I am not sure my useage would be correct:

Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

Well, maybe the word will work in my case. I don't know why definitions can't be clearer. This one seems pretty hedgy to me. Oh well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home