Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Kitchen Remodel Started

They started the remodel process this morning. I do not plan any changes to the interior of the kitchen. The sun porch will be made a "real" room and open up to the kitchen and the dining room.

They ripped up the astro turf (on the sun porch). I should have taken a shot of the before. I did take quite a few shots of the empty space. I also plan to have them put down a concrete floor outside by the wall. I want to put a disposable BBQ out there.

I plan to have a table high counter where the windows are. There will be room for 3 dining chairs. There will also be a walk in pantry (maybe a 5X5 space). On the other side, they will build a banquette which will seat 3 to 4 people. All the screens will be replaced by solid walls with windows.

I still have to decide on the type windows, flooring, lighting, etc. I feel comfortable with this crew. Eugene and his son, Vance, painted the outside of the house during August 2004. They did a great job and I am still happy with it. . They also finished my Reading/Idea Room. I shall post pictures when I get all the books moved back in the room.

I plan to post updates about the kitchen remodel process as time permits. After this job is done, this crew might also build me an exercise room. Time will tell...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home