Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Reading/Idea Room is Done!

Finally! My Reading Room is done!

The shelves have been stripped, primed and painted white. The room has been painted a relaxing light green. The new shelving area (below) the original bookcase is also painted white. Vance, the painter is assembling my new desk. He finished the additional bookcase today. I plan to use this bookcase to control the different research projects as I create them.

I shall move my magazine and book reading into this room. I am also calling this room my Idea Room. I have noticed that I rarely get ideas in my computer room. I think there is just much disarray for me to think.

Here is a representative picture of what my work area tends to look like:

There is just too much distraction for me to stay focused on anything for very long. Actually, this photo is quite organized. I am surprised. There is usually quite a mess behind me. Of course, I have added another computer to my right.

I am looking forward to using my Reading and Idea Room. I am waiting for Cheryl to return from her vacation. I need the books reorganized in the library. I also want them inventoried. I think many books did not make it into my database. Plus, I did give away a couple hundred books during the last donation go around.

If a guest arrives, my room will switch back to a guest room. I'll just pull down the Murphy Bed, voila! A guest room!

Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home