Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 - A New Year

This year definitely snuck up on me. During these past two to three weeks, I have been so distracted by:
  1. computer problems
  2. the kitchen and reading room remodels
  3. setting up the library in an organized and coherent manner
  4. handling all the year-end related matters (charities and medical and GET)
  5. trying to get ready for the 3 week trip coming up
  6. getting my husband to all his appointments
  7. trying to keep up with my book and magazine reading schedule
  8. maybe a small home office remodel
  9. completed about 10 to 11 items off my To Do List (yea!)
  10. starting a test run with a Mac
  11. researching the linux possibilities
  12. submitting my poems and really short stories to my new writing site

Anyway, I am beginning to wonder if I am just trying to do too much. I have 134 items on my To Do list. I think I have about 90 left to complete. There are probably another 30 that need to be added. I'll try to update the list today or tomorrow.

There are a lot of items on the list that will not add significantly to my quality of life if they get done. However, what is the answer? Let them slide? I would really like to clear the slate so that I only have To Do's that directly connect to my life goals. Maybe, that will be my overriding goal...no more fru fru goals. I gotta get them done and over with. I need to have Cheryl deal with more of the adminitrative nightmares that go on at my house.

My god! This post is sounding suspiciously like New Year's Goals. How odd. I am rarely moved to make these.

Nope. I am not going to make any goals. I am just going to notice the thought process.

Now get moving! You have some stories to write!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home